Lynx Yellobrik PDM 1284 D AES audio Embedder / De-embedder (balanced AES)
The Yellobrik PDM 1284 D is a versatile AES audio embedder and de-embedder designed for a wide range of SDI video formats up to 3Gbit. It supports balanced AES3 audio I/O using a 25 pin SubD connector.
Audio groups are selected using the rotary switches, and its possible to embed and de-embed additional audio groups by cascading modules together. Simultaneous embedding and de-embedding means the module will de-embed and output the audio from the selected audio group before overwriting with new audio (if required). The module automatically detects audio formats and will deactivate the sample rate converters to preserve encoded bit streams such as DolbyE.
The “auto black” mode uses a black video frame if no SDI input is present. This allows the module to embed audio even when no video source is available. This mode is useful if the module is being used in an “audio only” application. A 1 kHz test tone generator is included for audio testing purposes.
- Simultaneous embedding and de-embedding
- 3G SDI Level A and Level B support
- SDI video formats up to 3Gbit (1080p60)
- 4 x AES inputs / outputs with selectable audio groups
- Optional Fiber I/O
- Integrated 1 kHz test tone generator
- Automatic PCM / encoded audio detection
- Auto black if no video present
- Selectable SDTV 24 bit mode
- Video and Audio present LED indicators
- yelloGUI compatible to access additional internal settings