AJA KONA 4 PCIe Card
The AJA KONA 4 PCIe card is a powerful 8-lane PCIe 2.0 video and audio desktop I/O card with unparalleled features for handling everything from SD to HD, 2K and 4K with full 10-bit 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 sampling for fantastic image clarity and 12-bit support*. For HDR workflows, KONA 4 supports HDR 10 and HLG* for rich color delivery over HDMI. KONA 4 has the power for the work you do today and into the future.
KONA 4 features bi-directional 3G-SDI connections that can be used for input and output. 16-Channels of embedded audio over SDI for multi-channel audio work and HDMI 2.0b monitoring output. LTC I/O, Genlock input, RS-422 control, configurable 3 x BNC SD/HD analog video output and 8-channel AES audio I/O with the K3G-Box all allow KONA 4 to integrate into a variety of workflows from HDR to HFR, 4K to Multi-Channel HD for streaming and more.
Workflow and Power
Connect your digital sources via 3G-SDI to KONA 4 for capture to a wide variety of formats.
Monitor via HDMI output (HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision* and HDR10+*), and master to destinations using high quality professional SDI outputs, machine control and analog or tri-level reference.
KONA 4’s extensive 4K support allows output directly from editing systems to 4K projectors or monitors, including HFR support at 50/60 fps and 4K HDMI output to support the latest UltraHD monitors, allowing editors and clients to view full resolution 4K images as they work.
KONA 4 also supports AJA Raw capture at up to 120 fps via 4 3G-SDI connections. Create beautiful and detailed slow motion with an engaging cinematic feel via AJA Control Room.
- Supports 4K and UltraHD ingest and output at frame rates up to 50/60p
- Real time up, down, cross-conversion with pristine 10-bit quality
- 3G-SDI and 1.5G-SDI formats supported
- HDMI 1.4b (UltraHD 50/60p 8-bit 4:2:0)
- HDR10 Support – HDR Infoframe metadata, in accordance with HDMI 2.0a/CTA-861.3 and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) support
- Supports 444 and 422 workflows
- 8-lane PCIe 2.0
- 8-ch AES/EBU, 8-ch embedded HDMI, and 16-ch embedded SDI digital audio I/O
- Extend external connectivity incl LTC, Ref and RS-422 with K3G-BOX breakout box option
- macOS, Windows and Linux support
- Compatible with leading creative